STRONG TEENS AGAINST RACISM (STAR)
Youth Coordinator Job Description
A STAR Youth Coordinator is responsible for leading a group of local high school students interested in taking a stand against racism and creating a more equitable and just community.
The Youth Coordinator’s duties include:
- Establishing a form of regular communication with the students
- Organizing quarterly projects to advance the mission of STAR
- Increase the public awareness of STAR
- Develop leadership opportunities
- Communicate goals and objectives with the STAR Leadership Committee
- Coordinate with parents of the students regarding activities and meetings
- Recruit new participants into STAR
They should have prior training in anti-racism work and should have some experience working with and leading teenagers.
This is a part-time position requiring 10 hours of work per month at a rate of $25.00 per hour from May thru June 2022 and September 2022 thru April 2023.